We’ve Got Your Back
Specialized Spinal Care at Louisiana Orthopaedic Specialists
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Specialists is Acadiana’s premier group of fellowship-trained surgeons, physicians and therapists providing comprehensive orthopedic and spinal care in Lafayette, New Iberia and Breaux Bridge.
- Nearly 80 percent of the population experiences some kind of pain in the low back and neck. Because chronic and acute neck and back pain can indicate a bigger problem, seeing an orthopedic spinal specialist is important.
- Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat the brain, nerves and spinal cord, but when you’re experiencing problems related to your neck and back, you should see someone with extensive training and experience on the spine. Neil C. Romero, MD and Lon M. Barrone, II, MD are fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic spine surgeons—they are Acadiana’s experts in spinal care.
- Dr. Romero and Dr. Barrone are involved in every patient case, even if they do not require surgery. In fact, 90 percent of our patients get better without ever needing surgery!
- Our team can correctly diagnose, evaluate and treat patients dealing with back and neck injuries as well as chronic issues of the cervical, lumbar and thoracic areas of the spine. We treat patients young and old dealing with everything from degenerative issues and disc herniations to spinal instability and radiating pain.
- Our team of physical therapists and nurse practitioners work closely with our specialized physicians and interventional spine surgeons to provide patients with a treatment plan and ongoing care.
- In the event surgery is required, Dr. Romero and Dr. Barrone specialize in minimally invasive spine surgery, meaning shorter recovery, reduced risk of infections and better long-term results for our patients.
Click on the topics below to find out more from the Orthopaedic connection website of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.