We’ve Got Your Back
Specialized Spinal Care at Louisiana Orthopaedic Specialists
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Specialists is Acadiana’s premier group of fellowship-trained surgeons, physicians and therapists providing comprehensive orthopedic and spinal care in Lafayette, New Iberia and Breaux Bridge.
- Nearly 80 percent of the population experiences some kind of pain in the low back and neck. Because chronic and acute neck and back pain can indicate a bigger problem, making an appointment with a specialist important.
- Our team can correctly diagnose, evaluate and treat patients dealing with back and neck injuries, sciatica, and herniated discs, employing state-of-the-art technology for the best care and long-term results.
- Our team of physical therapists can provide patients with a treatment plan and ongoing care while working closely with one of our specialized physicians.
- In the event surgery is required, our fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic spine surgeons, Neil C. Romero, MD and Lon M. Barrone, II, MD, specialize in minimally invasive spine surgery, arthroplasty including artificial disc replacement, and cervical and lumbar spine surgery.
- Serving patients at LOS for nearly 10 years, Dr. Romero completed his fellowship training at Stanford University following his residency at the Medical University of South Carolina and his medical degree from LSU School of Medicine.
- Dr. Baronne joined LOS in 2014 after being one of the pioneer fellows in complex cervical spine surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He completed his residency at the University of Utah and his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. His published research includes work on traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and lumbar fusion surgery. He has also authored book chapters on spondylolisthesis and spinal trauma.
- Our brand-new, walk-in Orthopedic Urgent Care on Ambassador Caffery in front of Whole Foods serves patients with a variety of needs, including acute back and neck pain, without the need for an appointment or an ER visit.
- In addition to spinal care, LOS specializes in sports medicine, total joint replacement, arthritis treatment, as well as procedures on the elbow, shoulder, foot and ankle, hand and wrist, and hips.
- Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat the brain, nerves and spinal cord, but when you’re experiencing problems related to your neck and back, you should see someone with extensive training and experience on the spine. Neil C. Romero, MD and Lon M. Barrone, II, MD are fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic spine surgeons—they are Acadiana’s experts in spinal care.
- Dr. Romero and Dr. Barrone are involved in every patient case, even if they do not require surgery. In fact, 90 percent of our patients get better without ever needing surgery!
- Our team can correctly diagnose, evaluate and treat patients dealing with back and neck injuries as well as chronic issues of the cervical, lumbar and thoracic areas of the spine. We treat patients young and old dealing with everything from degenerative issues and disc herniations to spinal instability and radiating pain.
- Our team of physical therapists and nurse practitioners work closely with our specialized physicians and interventional spine surgeons to provide patients with a treatment plan and ongoing care.
- In the event surgery is required, Dr. Romero and Dr. Barrone specialize in minimally invasive spine surgery, meaning shorter recovery, reduced risk of infections and better long-term results for our patients.
Click on the topics below to find out more from the Orthopaedic connection website of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.